Saturday, December 7, 2013

Welcome

Welcome to my little space of the internet.
So what is this blog all about? 
Well these past few weeks I've been slapped into the reality of my daughter starting high school....honestly I know they say kids are expensive but its like that old analogy of a frog sitting in a pot of cold water that is slowly brought to the boil....you know your spending money on them but you never really feel it until BANG high school looms and its like someones thrown a can of petrol on the bon fire and you're going down in flames...uniforms, book lists, shoes, fees, administration costs....IT NEVER ENDS! I'm pretty sure its the universes way of distracting me from the heart ache of my baby girl growing up and starting high school....look she'll never notice if we stress her out with all these fees.


It all sounds very negative and really I'm not that down on it all, I'm happy to fork out $700 for uniforms...ok I'm not, but she needs it and I chose the school so I have no cause to complain...but it has made me sit back and think, ok I need to get my financial life sorted out and while I'm not under any real financial duress, this will be a lot easier if I stop buying nail polish for a while

I'm what you'd call a polish enthusiast....not addict...not hoarder...EN-THUS-IAST...and while my collection is not even close to being large in the eyes of the average nail blogger it is larger than anyone girl could ever need and it needs to be sorted out. This is also about weeding my collection out a little, finding those dupe colours I've got more that one of, or those colours I've never worn or dont even like. At the same time I want to go trough all my untrieds which have slowly crept up in numbers and give them some love while also rediscovering some long lost loves, things I've bought long ago and used once and have since been hidden at the back of the drawers, like OPIs Absolutely Alice one of the first polishes I ever bought and I cant remember the last time I used it and its such a gorgeous polish it needs some love, they all do.


So whats the plan? Well I've always said Go hard or go home, so how does 6 months sound? Bloody insane? Stupidly impossible? Asking for failure? Yes all those things...and more but my birthday is June 18th so I figure if I can last till June 1st, putting away a few dollars reward each week I last, I can have one epic birthday present with ALL THE POLISH.

I invite you all to come along for the ride, its going to be bumpy, there will be tears and swearing and trowing things but it will be a heck of a lot of fun. I'll share my trials and tribulations, give you the scoop on all the new indie releases and any specials or savings codes going on that I wont be able to use but will get some enjoyment from enabling others and of course I will be doing a lot of manis to both distract me and use those forgotten loves in my polish collection.

You can also follow the fun on Instagram @briemmara



3 comments:

  1. You are one brave lady Brie! :) I'll be here to watch along the way. Can I bring popcorn? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol thanks ladies, and yes bring the popcorn...and chocolate...I may need something to distract me lol

    ReplyDelete